Stompbox Blog: Hermida Audio Technology Zendrive

Stompbox Blog

Welcome to the guitar effects virtual museum. I have been collecting stompboxes for the past few years and wanted to share some thoughts. I will continually add more pics and opinions. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Hermida Audio Technology Zendrive


Like Carlos Santana, Robbin Ford, Larry Carlton, or Dumble Amps? Well.... you might like this tasty little treat too. Who is Alfonso Hermida? A great boutique pedal builder from Florida. Could I have ordered the Mosferatu pedal with more distortion on tap? Maybe....maybe I will based off his Zendrive. The name says it all.... everything Zen. It's all about the Ying ... or the Yang. Everything must be balanced in life. I have to admit... when plugging into this device... I found myself noodling on the guitar more than most pedals I test-drive. There was something I couldn't put my finger on but...... anyway.. it was just fun to lose yourself and enjoy the textures of the complex tonal options at your fingertips. This pedal has 4 controls as opposed to the usual simple 3 knobbers. As Nigel would say, "This amp goes to 11". You have Volume, Tone, Gain and Voice. It's a tweaking paradise to dial into whatever tone you desire. There is no longer a wait as opposed to the usual boutique frenzy with some builders. This guy is gracious and keeps up with demand and makes a terrific product. Cool graphics and great circuitry design covered in goop/scratched off IC... can't blame the guy... he knows his skills and delivers in spades. For more info just click on the link....http://www.hermidaaudio.com/

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Premier Guitar